Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Conceptart.org Workshop - May/June 2013

Yes I was there for the Conceptart.org London workshop held in The Coronet Theatre at Elephant & Castle in London. I have never been to anything like this before so it was a great experience. It was so cool to be staying at a hostel with nearly 50 other artists that were attending the workshop and I got to see some really inspiring skilled artists and meet some really talented and lovely people.  



Despite the area and venue being very run down the Safestay hostle was very nice and new. Being middle aged and staying in a mixed dorm in a hostel for the first time was I am pleased to say a good experience.  Yes I did struggle with my little legs and perhaps my age getting down from the top bunk and I did feel guilty about disturbing others in the morning. Note to self to book a bottom bunk next time around and to take a torch so I can see to get into my locker without switching the lights on.  It's also a good idea to take a flat mirror on a string you can hang on your bunk for drying hair and alike. That aside though I slept well and enjoyed the free breakfast and felt very safe as we mainly travelled in groups to and from the venue.

Some of the artists and speakers I met and watched.



The highlight of the workshop for me was concept artist Andrei Riabovitchev.  He showed us how to take photo stills of an actor in make up and manipulate it in Photoshop into a very cool giant looking character and also went over those early stages of ideation, showing how to start of with doodles of characters shape to get going.  All really good stuff.

There was  talk of everyone meeting up next year in Trafalgar Square so if that goes ahead I will go if I can as being with so many other artist's is just so great on so many levels. 






No comments:

Post a Comment