Pages

Saturday 1 November 2014

City of York

Back in June I was lucky enough to be taken on a family holiday to the city of York.  It was a great opportunity to try some sketching of some amazing architecture and sights. I also had my first attempt at painting a little watercolour postcard which I am pleased to say made it intact to my Sister and Brother-in-law.

I was very grateful to my folks for this opportunity to have a relaxing break, a few cream teas and plenty to see and draw. Some of these were done very quickly as there was not always a comfortable spot for my folks to sit whilst they patiently waited for me while I sketched.

Yorkshire Museum from the gardens


View of York Minister from the Dean's garden

Visiting the National Railway Museum

Detail of turret on Lendal Bridge





Bootham Bar


View of the River Ouse








No comments:

Post a Comment